How To Apply
Applications are accepted online, please fill out the form below. A resume can be attached in the last field of the application, which is encouraged. Candidates must submit to a background review, drug test, and driving record review.
Tom Merry, Owner
Cell: (253) 227-3892
Founded in 2000, Rainier Asphalt & Concrete is a leading pavement contractor in the Puget Sound region. We provide various services, including: hot mix asphalt patching and paving, asphalt seal coating, striping, curbing, concrete flat work, crack filling, drainage and traffic control. We employ approximately 75 people and have offices in North Bend and Tacoma. The company is operational and busy year-round, and is much less seasonal than many competitors in this industry.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Inside Estimator intern position is a critical position within Rainier Asphalt and Concrete. All estimators (full time and interns) are responsible for evaluating bid specifications, drawings and field data provided by the Business Development Team in order to prepare accurate bid documents which will be utilized to procure new business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must know Microsoft Excel or equivalent, Google Drive and Google Earth products.
- Must be self motivated and punctual.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented and enjoy a requirement for thoroughness.
- Must know how to read and interpret drawings. In addition, Estimator must then be able to accurately do take-offs from these drawings.
- Must have strong computer and communication skills.
- Must have a strong desire to learn new skills and be able to learn quickly.
This position has a wage range of $12-$13.50/hour depending on experience.
We offer comprehensive benefits including:
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Family Sick Leave and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).