Washington commercial property owners want to protect their asphalt pavement, but they also want to protect their bottom line. When their pavement assets are suffering from damage or are deteriorating with age, that means they have to make a difficult decision: to resurface or replace an asphalt parking lot. Luckily, this is a decision they don’t have to make alone. A reputable local parking lot paving company can help.
In Federal Way WA and surrounding communities, Rainier Asphalt & Concrete is the trusted asphalt parking lot repair company. We have the right equipment to perform parking lot resurfacing, the experienced paving contractors for a full pavement replacement, and we have the expertise to know when each paving service is appropriate.
When to Resurface and When to Replace Your Asphalt Parking Lot
Though a detailed pavement inspection from professional asphalt paving contractors is the only way to know for sure whether asphalt replacement or resurfacing is in your future, there are certain conditions that make one better than the other.
Choose asphalt resurfacing if your parking lot…
- Only has damage on less than 30% of the total surface.
- Has a strong foundation and an undamaged aggregate base layer.
- Is less than 20 years old.
- Has only shallow cracks that are less than 1/4 inch wide.
Choose pavement replacement if your asphalt parking lot…
- You need repairs for more than 30% of the total pavement surface.
- There are depressions or shifting in due to foundation failure.
- The asphalt parking lot is more than 25 – 30 years old.
- Asphalt cracks are more than a few inches deep or wider than 1/4 inch.
Rainier Asphalt & Concrete: Federal Way WA’s Parking Lot Experts
Federal Way WA and the greater Pacific NW area have the help of professional parking lot paving contractors. We can help property owners decide which type of pavement repair is best for their situation, but no matter which one is best, the Rainier Asphalt & Concrete crew can complete it under budget and within the timeline.
If you think your asphalt parking lot needs a resurfacing or replacement, contact us right away for a free inspection and estimate. We’ll help you restore your parking lot!