When damage to your asphalt pavement goes into the gravel underlayer, then you’ll need more than standard asphalt repair services like crack sealing or overlays. Asphalt patching is the paving service that can rehabilitate pavement with deep cracks, potholes, alligator cracking, lifting, or other serious pavement damage.
Rainier Asphalt & Concrete: Tacoma WA’s Asphalt Patching Experts
When it’s time for serious repairs like asphalt patching, you can trust your local trusted paving company to perform the repairs quickly and with integrity.
The Asphalt Patching Process
- First, one of our expert paving contractors inspects the site and works with your property manager or owner to determine the repairs that will get you the most value. We’ll work around your business hours to schedule your repairs as well.
- Next, making sure to stay at least 12 inches away from the damage, we’ll cut around the damaged area using special pavement saws. This is done to ensure that we get every part of the damaged asphalt removed.
- We break up and remove the deteriorated asphalt and recycle it in other projects. Asphalt is actually very eco-friendly, and it’s one of the most recycled materials in the world!
- Any repairs to the gravel underlayer are then performed, replacing it and/or compacting the gravel so that the pavement remains stable and well-draining.
- Finally, we use only the highest quality asphalt that’s custom mixed for every customer and site to fill in the patch, and then compact it to match the level of the existing pavement.
- After the new asphalt has fully cured, often within 24 hours, your pavement is ready to be used!
- Often, a sealcoating or a slurry sealer (a thin layer of asphalt and fine aggregate) can be poured over the entire pavement surface to ensure a seamless repair.
Get Superior Asphalt Patching from Tacoma WA’s Trusted Paving Contractors
If your parking lot, roadway, or other asphalt pavement is in need of serious repairs, you can rest assured that Rainier Asphalt & Concrete has the pavement repair solution for you. We are a full service asphalt paving company, so we can diagnose the problem and apply targeted repair solutions that don’t break the bank and don’t interrupt your operations for weeks on end.
Our asphalt repair experts are waiting to hear from you! Contact us today about asphalt patching, overlays, or pothole repair!