Commercial properties with a parking lot know they need to keep their asphalt safe for visitors, but they may not know how. The secret to revamping worn pavement while also protecting it against wear and tear is a paving service called sealcoating.
What is asphalt sealcoating?
A sealcoat is a liquid asphalt product made up of tar, fine aggregates, and specialized liquid plastics that are designed to provide a protective coating against UV rays and moisture. This special asphalt sealant is applied by paving contractors either by spraying or with brushes over the whole surface, creating a fresh surface and revitalizing old pavement.
Your asphalt sealcoating experts in Tacoma WA are Rainier Asphalt & Concrete. Our paving consultants can help you find the right services to protect and revitalize your pavement.
Why Choose Sealcoating
- Minor Crack Filling – Though it’s no substitute for professional crack sealing services, a sealcoating will flow into minor cracks and seal them over.
- Reduce Oxidation and UV Damage – A sealcoat fills small voids in the asphalt surface that let oxygen and UV rays into the pavement.
- Protect the Pavement Surface – With the protective surface of a sealcoat, your pavement can withstand physical wear from tires, pressure washing, and sweeping.
- Slow Penetration of Liquids – Water and chemicals from vehicles can leech into asphalt through those small surface voids, and filling them with a sealcoat slows this process down considerably.
- Increase Pavement Flexibility – Over time, sun and air can leech important oils from asphalt, making it brittle. Sealcoatings replace these oils and keep pavement flexible so it doesn’t crack.
- Beautification – An asphalt sealcoating also provides a beautiful dark black surface that revitalizes the look of your pavement, and it can make parking lot striping and pavement markings appear brighter.
Rainier Asphalt & Concrete: Your Tacoma WA Parking Lot Sealcoating Experts
With over twenty years experience in the Tacoma WA area, the paving contractors at Rainier Asphalt & Concrete are the best choice for parking lot maintenance services like sealcoating. We’re constantly expanding our operations with new equipment and building relationships with suppliers to bring our customers the best products. Contact us for more information about asphalt sealcoating.